Ms. Hetal Shah's Resume
2001-02 Vox Populi, Inc. Boston, MA
Founder & CEO
* Founded an innovative voice portal solution for telecommunication
carriers and for customer relationship management.
* Recruited six senior team members and five advisors.
* Developed a business plan: initiated partnerships with technology
providers, devised marketing strategy for carriers.
* Established contacts with senior-level executives at carriers.
* Created the high-level design of the IVR application.
2000 Linx Communications Newton, MA
Marketing Strategy Consultant for a Telecommunications services provider
* Ensured the consistency of the company's offerings by fine-tuning the
features, benefits and pricing of retail and reseller products.
* Calculated discounting schemes for the wholesale market and for
channel resellers for effective competitive advantage.
* Analyzed revenue streams and suggested pricing strategies and billing
policies that would increase revenues.
* Advised Vice President on which products to trim and which to aggressively promote.
2000 Web Messaging Technologies, Inc. Woburn, MA
Product Management and Business Development for a Communications ASP
* Performed competitive analysis, industry research and market analysis.
* Developed strategies for pricing and strategic alliances.
* Tracked acquisition trends and in-house R&D in potential acquirers.
* Analyzed local venture capitalists' portfolios, and discussed business
plan with VCs.
* Developed new product ideas and product enhancements through client
interaction, research and brainstorming.
1997-99 NLM Family Foundation Chestnut Hill, MA
Assistant Director for a $25 million business
* Strategized all aspects of the organization's business including long-
term goals and implemented the plan of action.
* Analyzed and interpreted money managers' performances for Finance
Committee Meetings; participated in conference calls with portfolio
managers for asset allocation.
* Built the business from ground up, employing extensive negotiations
with landlord, architects, contractors, lawyers and vendors.
* Designed and implemented technology: Hired computer and audio visual
consultants; performed comprehensive research on high-tech products for
small businesses before purchasing; configured MS Small Business
network and managed audio-visual project.
* Managed all tax reporting, grant contributions and correspondence to
Trustees and Advisors, including Minutes of Board Meetings and
* Conceptualized and planned conferences inviting eminent researchers
and consultants to converse with each other to meet our objectives.
1996 Copley Venture Partners Boston, MA
Assistant to the General Partners
* Reviewed incoming business plans, presented results of analysis and
discussed viable prospects with the general partners.
* Prepared annual reports, stock performance charts and letters to
limited partners and handled investee questions.
1995-96 Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund Boston, MA
Donor Services Advisor
* Interfaced with high net-worth clients, other Fidelity departments
and recipients to facilitate charitable contributions of stocks and
* Developed and streamlined process for speedy allocation of incoming
stocks and bonds. Established new relationships with brokers and
traders in the start-up phase of this operation unit.
1994-95 Edward Jones & Company Boston, MA
Investment Representative / City sales manager
* Launched full-service stock brokerage business for the company in
Boston, single-handedly,developed sales and marketing strategy.
* Engaged in portfolio analysis, financial planning, and selecting
stocks and bonds for clients. Held Series 7 and 63 licenses.
* Acquired clients and maintained existing accounts using direct
marketing, cold calling and networking.
1991-92 Compusales Bombay, India
Founder and President
* Founded the company supplying computer peripherals to Banks and
corporations after performing market research.
* Increased revenues by hiring and supervising new sales staff.
* Sold business to competitor upon immigrating to the United States.
Bradley University Peoria, IL
V.J.T.I. Bombay, India
BS in Civil Engineering, 1993
Graduated in National Deans List with a cumulative GPA of 3.7
University of Illinois Champaign, IL
Graduate studies in Finance, 1993-94
Took Graduate level Finance classes: Securities Analysis, Financial
Markets, Investments, Microeconomics, Mathematical Logic.
ACTIVITIES: PAST & PRESENT
Member of Brookline Chamber of Commerce and Writer on Investments for
Brookline Citizen Journal.
Member of Fundraising Committee for Boston Cares and IMPACT:
conceptualized and planned charity events.
Founding member of Network of South Asian Professionals: organized
seminars on Entrepreneurship at Harvard Business School.